Sunday, March 3, 2013

Some Bulb or Other Grows in Brooklyn

Last weekend, I visited my smart and generous friend Lina in Brooklyn. My stated purpose: Scope flower shops. Scope, scope, scope.

And the weather complied, so I spent two sunny days bouncing between the dots called up by google maps each time I searched for "flowers." Staring at my phone-map, sipping on good coffee, checking out the nearby outfits, and generally being absorptive: The weekend was a success. Some good hard yoga, some high-concept faux-commune dining, the birds in Bed-Stuy singing, Lina's sprouting avocado pits and lemon seeds, and many hypnotic vibrating train rides later, I have a new appreciation for city living. And a stockpile of photos, some of which are below.


Something is growing, by golly, something is coming out of the ground

A magazine I did not buy, and an apple harvest I would have jumped up & down to have seen last fall, when apples were few.

 Forsythia at the MoMA




(self-explanatory)

Terrarii abundant in the flower shops of Brooklyn

plum blossoms
 
things are more expensive in the city 
 
 THANK YOU DEAR LINA

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, thank you Colie! These flowers are music to my eyes. I am so excited that Spring is already springing up down there! :o)

    ReplyDelete